Hey guys! It’s been a while since the last time that we updated our blog. So for today’s post, I’ll be sharing to you our first major adventure in 2018. We call this as our major adventure since this was our first hike ever!
We are both newbies to this so we don’t know what’s going to happen next.
We planned this for a lot of times already and finally! Nakulayan din HAHA!
Name: Mt. Maculot or Mt. Macolod
Location: Cuenca, Batangas
Height: Summit (930 Masl). Rockies (706 Masl)
Trail Class: 1-3
Few steps away from the Brgy. Hall, you will see this ⬇
- 6:00 – start treck
- 8:45 – campsite
- 9:30 – arrival at Rockies / photo op
- 12:00 – lunch at campsite
- 12:30 – leave campsite to Summit
- 1:30 – arrival at Summit / photo op
- 2:00 – start descent to Grotto
- 3:00 – rest for a while
- 3:30 – resume descent
- 4:00 – arrival at Grotto / photo op
- 4:30 – start descent to exit point (Brgy. 5, Cuenca, Batangas)
- 5:15 – arrival at exit point
Registration fee – 10 pesos per head
Tour Guide fee
- 400 pesos (good for 5 pax) – Rockies only
- 800 pesos (good for 5 pax) – Traverse (Rockies, Summit & Grotto)
* Additonal 100 for every extra person
BUDGET BREAKDOWN (per head)
Registration fee – 10 pesos
Tour Guide – 150 (divide 900 to 9 pax)
*We did not pay for transportation since we have a friend whose house is just few meters away from the Mountain 😄
TOTAL AMOUNT: PHP 160.00
While we were on our way to Rockies, we met an Australian mountaineer so we took a photo op with him. 😄
More photos in the Rockies ⬇
MORE PHOTOS ⬇
Special thanks to our new found friends who made this happen and of course to our very
kind Tour Guide, Kuya Marco. 🙂
- Start with the trek early. If you can do it as early as 5AM the better to avoid sun burn.
- Speaking of sun burn, make sure apply sun block if you will be wearing sleeveless and the like.
- It’s better to wear long sleeves that are cotton.
- We highly suggest to wear shoes than slippers. We have seen some mountaineers wearing slippers and they really had a hard time in trekking esp. in Rockies.
- If you want to save more money, make sure you have your packed lunch and utensils.
- Don’t forget to BRING a LOT of WATER.. #WaterIsLife 😄
- Last but not the least, PRAY before and after the trek. 😊
PS: I don’t want to bombard you with a lot of photos so I suggest, you watch our travel vlog here ⬇
Don’t forget to hit the LIKE and SUBSCRIBE button!
Cheers to more adventures!!! 😊